Elom Adablah (born 28 June 1986), better known by his stage name E.L, is an award-winning Ghanaian Afrobeat Musician, rapper, singer, Pioneering producer and pulse racing performer.He won the Artiste of the Year at 2015/2016 Vodafone Ghana Music Awardswhich was held on the 8th of May 2016 at the Ghana International Conference Center in Accra. He also won the 2015/2016 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Hip-life/Hip-hop Artiste of the Year. EL’s hit records include “Obuu Mo”, “Kaalu”, “One Ghana”, “Auntie Martha”, “Shelele”, “Mi Naa Bo Po”, “Koko” and “KaaBuAme,See me Sometime ,Abaa and Pay Like a Boss”.He gained fast reputation for his crazy club bangers and spectacular Afrobeats sound and has been constant rise since the release of his debut album “Something Else” in June 2012. He has performed his music at many platforms globally.
E.L grew up in Dansoman, a suburb of Accra. He first attended St. Martin De Porres School in Dansoman where he excelled as a top student and later transferred to Jack and Jill where he completed his Junior Secondary School level. He then gained admission into Presbyterian Boys Secondary School (PRESEC), where he discovered his musical talent. After high school, he pursued a degree in economics and political science at the University of Ghana, Legon.
2008: Music beginnings
During his first year in the university, EL signed to Jayso’s Skillions Records alongside other notable young Ghanaian underground artists like Ball J, Gemini, Kevin Beats, Killmatic and Lil Shaker, and helped Jayso co-produce the Skillionaires Demotape. However, after graduating from the university, the Skillions broke up and EL became a solo artist. He acquired a studio in Asylum Down and began working on a new mixtape. He went as far as releasing a single, “Chale (So Fli)”, with Jay Foley, Wolf and Kwaku T (remix). However the mixtape was never released. EL relocated to a better studio at Osu, and invested all his available funds in acquiring state-of-the-art equipment much to the chagrin of family and friends.
2009–2012: Something Else
EL got signed to BBnZ live His debut double album, Something Else, was released on 1 June 2012 by Akwaaba Music, and is a blend of different varieties of music inspired from various sources.
EL released The Best African Rapper album, shortened as The B.A.R on 20 May 2014. It featured Ayigbe Edem, Sarkodie, Joey B, C-Real, Gemini, Telvin, Frozen, Lil Shaker, Stargo, P. K. and Dex Kwasi.
2015: B.A.R 2
EL announced he was working on B.A.R 2, releasing the cover art and later dropping three songs ‘All Black’, ‘State Of The Nation’ and ‘King Without A Crown. On 29 August 2015, he followed up with the B.A.R 2 concert featuring Wanlov, Ko-Jo Cue, DJ Mic Smith and more.
EL released his second studio album entitled Elom(Everybody loves original music) has so far released decent ratings from critics. The album boasts of singles “Mi Naa Bo Po”, “Watch The Way You Dey Waka” and “Nkrumah Pt. 2” featuring highly respected recording artist Obrafour.
On April 15, 2016 Lauryn Hill headlined a concert dubbed Ms. Lauryn Hill Presents Diaspora Calling! in association with Tidal at Kings Theater, the concert was intended to celebrate the rich tapestry of artists from African Diaspora and had great artist from West Africa on stage namely El and Stonebwoy from Ghana, also Wondaboy and Mr. Eazi from Nigeria performing to a massive crowd.
VGMA Artist of the Year Awards
In the early hours of 8 May 2016, at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards at the Ghana International Conference Center, EL received the Artist of the Year award beating
- Sarkodie (“You Go Kill Me”, “Dangerous”) in collaboration with krynk man
- Keche (“Sokode”) in collaboration with krynk man
- D-Black (“Get On the Dancefloor”)
- D-Black ft D Cryme(“Change your life”)
- Donaeo Ft E.L (“Life Saver”)
- T Blaze (“Aso wo ha”)
- C-Real ft E.L (“Weytin De Happen”) (sexy mama)
- C-Real ft E.L (“Do the Azonto”)
- Lighter ft Promzy of VIP and E.L (“Fear of my Life”)
- Scientific ft Sarkodie and E.L (“I Like You Girl”)
- J Town ft D Cyrme and E.L (“Party Alhaji”)
- Sala ft E.L (“Only You”)
- Samini (“Too Bad”)
- Edem (“Wey tin”)
- Efya ft E.L (“Heartbeat”)
- Efya ft Mugeez (“Ooh Ooh Ooh”)
- Reggie Rockstone (“Rockstone’s Office”), Asem (“Check Your Weight”), Geelex (“Bend Your Body”) and many more.
- Joey B ft E.L (“Wow”).
- Studio albums
- Something Else (2012)
- ELOM (2016)
- B.A.R. 3: The Lomi Era
- Project Hip Hop (with C-Real) (2011)
- Songs for Girls-the Valentines Day Mixtape (2012)
- The B.A.R. (2014) 
- Project Hip Hop 2 (with C-Real) (2015)
- B.A.R. 2 (2015)
- B.A.R. 3 (2016)
- Songs for Girls Vol. 1
- Songs for Girls Vol. 2
- Another Rainy Day
- Empty Barrels
- Find A Way
- Getting it Fast
- Move On
- My Addiction
- Pick up
- Don Dada ft [Ayigbe Edem] and Telvin
- One Ghana- August 2011
- Obuu Mo- September 2011
- Ma Me Wassop- December 2011
- Turn the Lights Down- December 2011
- Lifesaver ft Donaeo- January 2012
- The Botos Song ft (N-Dex & J-Town)- February 2012
- Nigg*s in Accra (Azonto RMX) ft C-Real & Stargo- April 2012
- The ChO.sen ft (Manifest, D-Black & Sarkodie)- October 2012
- Hallelujah ft (M.anifest)- December 2012
- No Size- December 2013
- See Me Suffer ft (Shaker)- October 2013
- Ayayaa- March 2014
- My Friend- April 2014
- Boorle- September 2014
- Sister Araba- December 2014
- Agbadza- December 2014
- State of the Nation Address- March 2015
- Shelele- March 2015
- Egbefia- April 2015
- Mi Naa Bo Po- August 2015
- Koko- November 2015
- Pour Put Inside- December 2015
- Fire Cant Cool- May 2016
- Portay Dey Be- December 2015
- Kaa Bu Ame- June 2016
- Lalafalama- September 2016
- Fefeefe- November 2017
- Agbo- February 2017
- Eliens Anthem- March 2017
- Explain- March 2017
|2017||See Me Sometime||N/A|
|2017||Mi Naa Bo Po||Phamous Philms|
|2017||See Me Sometime||WOWA|
Awards and nominations
- 2010 African Movie Academy Awards:Best Original Soundtrack ‘A sting in a tale’
- 2010 Ghana Movie Awards: Best Score Award, Checkmate And more
- 2011 Ghana Music Awards: Hip-hop Song of the Year award, “Get On the Dance Floor”, Producer
- 2012/2013 Ghana Music Awards Album of the Year
- 2015/2016 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Hip-life/Hip-hop Artiste of the year
- 2015/2016 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Artiste of the Year
- 2016 Ghana Music Awards UK Artiste of the Year
- 2015/2016 Ghana Music Awards Producer Of the Year
- 2015/2016 Ghana Music Awards Afro pop song Of the Year
- 2016/2017 Ghana Music Awards Afro Pop Song Of The Year (Kaa Bu Ame)
- 2017 Ghana Entertainment Awards – USA Best Album (BAR 3)
- 2013 MTN 4Syte TV Music Video Awards: Best Photography
- 2014 MTN 4Syte TV Music Video Awards: Best Storyline
- 2015 MTN 4Syte TV Music Video Awards: Best Edited Video and Best special effect
- 2015/2016 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Music Video of the Year(Shelele)
- Big brother nomination Jams Performances Big brother house, Johannesburg SA.
- Guinness Stadium Show with Akon and Big Sean, Accra Stadium Ghana.
- Tidal X calling Diaspora streamed performance with Ms. Lauryn Hill, KingS Theatre Brooklyn NY. US.
- Ghana independence Show ECHOSTAGE, Washington DC, US.
- Performance at the APPOLO THEATRE..
- Performance at the IRVINGTON PLAZA, NY, US.
- Performance at THE COKE STUDIO AFRICA, Kenya.
- Performance at the GRAMECRY THEATRE, NY, US.
- STATE TOUR WITH MS. LAURYN HILL, Florida, US.
- Connect at the O2 INDGO ARENA-London, UK.
- Performance at THE LOUNGE-Philadelphia, US.
- 2017- Performance at the New York Fashion Week shows including an Event organized by Movie Star Rosario Dawson and Abrima for Studio 189
- 2017- EL Live Tour in the United States of America.